[TYPO3-mvc] Get childs

Dawid Pacholczyk dpacholczyk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 09:10:43 CEST 2010

Thank you for your reply !

<f:for each="{element.elements}" as="ele">
                       <f:render partial="DocumentTemplateElement"
arguments="{element: ele}" />
               </f:for>

I`m not sure that I`m getting it. With this loop you`re iterating every
child of the root ?

For example I have structure like this

- Block  1
  - Block 1_1
  - Block 1_2
  - Block 1_2_1
    Block 1_2_1_1
- Block 2
  - Block 2_1

I will get all of them ?

Best regards,
Dawid "Fixus" Pacholczyk

2010/10/22 Dennis Ahrens <dennis.ahrens at googlemail.com>

> Hi Dawid,
>

> Dawid Pacholczyk wrote:
>
>> Hello List,
>>
>>  I`m wondering about one thing. I have a model "BLOCK". Block is some
>> object
>> with content. Every block can have subblock, every subblock can have
>> subsubblock and go on.
>>

>> Now. I can get childs using recurrence. BUT my question is. Does extabse
>> got
>> internal system to manage this ? For example we have
>> $this->someRepository->findAll(); Is there something similar for getting
>> childs ? Is there a way to use recurrence in fluid template ?
>>

> I have a similar model - a DocumentTemplateElement has a mm-relation to
> itself to set up a tree structure. I've solved the rendering by using a
> partial that looks like this:
>
> <f:if condition="{element}">
>        <f:then>
>        <ul>
>                <f:for each="{element.elements}" as="ele">
>                        <f:render partial="DocumentTemplateElement"
> arguments="{element: ele}" />
>                </f:for>
>        </ul>
>        </f:then>
>        <f:else>
>                Error - no element given
>        </f:else>
> </f:if>
>
> You normally do not need a repository for fetching the childs. You access
> them through the root object. $subblocks = $myblock->getSubblocks();
>
> If you have to fetch them from repository, you may write a special query,
> that checks if the object is associated as uid_foreign in your mm-table. Or
> you add a depth property to your model, that you can ask via SQL.
>
> regards
> Dennis

Dawid Pacholczyk
tel: 502-054-334