[TYPO3-mvc] Get childs

Dennis Ahrens dennis.ahrens at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 22 09:00:24 CEST 2010

Hi Dawid,

Dawid Pacholczyk wrote:
> Hello List,
>
>  I`m wondering about one thing. I have a model "BLOCK". Block is some object
> with content. Every block can have subblock, every subblock can have
> subsubblock and go on.
>

> Now. I can get childs using recurrence. BUT my question is. Does extabse got
> internal system to manage this ? For example we have
> $this->someRepository->findAll(); Is there something similar for getting
> childs ? Is there a way to use recurrence in fluid template ?

I have a similar model - a DocumentTemplateElement has a mm-relation to
itself to set up a tree structure. I've solved the rendering by using a
partial that looks like this:

<f:if condition="{element}">
	<f:then>
	<ul>
		<f:for each="{element.elements}" as="ele">
			<f:render partial="DocumentTemplateElement" arguments="{element: ele}" />
		</f:for>
	</ul>
	</f:then>
	<f:else>
		Error - no element given
	</f:else>
</f:if>

You normally do not need a repository for fetching the childs. You
access them through the root object. $subblocks = $myblock->getSubblocks();

If you have to fetch them from repository, you may write a special
query, that checks if the object is associated as uid_foreign in your
mm-table. Or you add a depth property to your model, that you can ask
via SQL.

regards
Dennis