[TYPO3-mvc] Empty/faulty extension output after migrating to productive system (because of faulty fluid naming settings?)

Bastian Waidelich bastian.waidelich at typo3.org
Mon Nov 29 10:05:38 CET 2010

Felix Eggbert wrote:

Hi Felix,

> The website works allright but my extension doesn't.some controller actions
> just leave an empty space others return an error like this:
> "'listallmaincategories' is not a valid template resource URI."

This is probably related to http://forge.typo3.org/issues/10975
Could you please debug the method getTemplateSource() in
Tx_Fluid_View_TemplateView - I can't find the error in there:
If your action is "listAllMainCategories" the lines 183ff:

$fallbackPath = str_replace('@action', $actionName,
$templatePathAndFilename);
$templatePathAndFilename = str_replace('@action', ucfirst($actionName),
$templatePathAndFilename);

should result in:

$fallbackPath === 'foo/bar/listAllMainCategories.html' and
$templatePathAndFilename === 'foo/bar/ListAllMainCategories.html'

Is that not the case for you?

> as you know the template files are all named lowerCamelCase though

To be in sync with FLOW3 they should be UpperCamelCase (see [2]).
But lowerCamelCase should work as well! (at least until Extbase 1.5).

> does anybody have an idea what this is about and what I have to
> do to set up the productive system just like my dev system?

You wrote, you imported the dev database. But did you really include the
static TS configuration of your extension? it seems
view.templateRootPath is set to an empty string!?

Best,
Bastian