[TYPO3-mvc] 1:n childs unconected but not deleted from database

christian oettinger christian.oettinger at gmx.de
Wed Nov 24 23:04:08 CET 2010

Sebastian Kurfürst schrieb:
> Hey,
>
> this is not done, as all objects are directly accessible via the TYPO3
> backend, and we cannot know if there are still references to it.
>
> However, by having an "@cascade remove" annotation at the 1:n property,
> you can force children to be removed once they are disconnected.
>
> Greets,
> Sebastian

Thanks, Sebastian!

This sounds great. I tried it and maybe it is a solution for me. But one
thing changed in sort of a strange, but not unlogical, way: With
"@cascade remove" every time I update, ALL childs are deleted. So if I
don't want to lose them, I have to create them newly every time (wich is
not a real Problem, but leads to new uid in the Database). I can not
really update a child any more.

(Until now I updated existing childs by adding the field "__identity" in
my view if a uid existed. So __identity appears in the request also.
With "@cascade remove", if __identity is in the request, the child will
be lost - for it is not newly created.

Is that correct so far?

By the way: I love this list!!