[TYPO3-mvc] 1:n childs unconected but not deleted from database

christian oettinger christian.oettinger at gmx.de
Wed Nov 24 20:39:13 CET 2010

Sebastian Kurfürst schrieb:
> Hey,
>
> this is not done, as all objects are directly accessible via the TYPO3
> backend, and we cannot know if there are still references to it.
>
> However, by having an "@cascade remove" annotation at the 1:n property,
> you can force children to be removed once they are disconnected.
>
> Greets,
> Sebastian

Thanks, Sebastian!

This sounds great. I tried it and it could be the solution for me. But
one thing changed, if I understand correctly: With "@cascade remove"
every time I update, all childs are deleted, new ones are created and
connected.
(Until now I updated existing childs by adding the field "__identity" in
my request if a uid exists. Now, if I have that field, the child will be
lost, so I have to overlook my views.)

Is that correct so far?

By the way: I love this list!!
Thanks everybody for your help!