[TYPO3-mvc] Backend-Modules broken on one server using extbase trunk, others are fine

Bastian Waidelich bastian.waidelich at typo3.org
Wed Nov 24 19:38:45 CET 2010

Franz Koch wrote:

Hi Franz,

> after spending hours finding the bug I'll ask you guys for help. I've
> problems with extbase based backend modules using latest SVN of Extbase
> - but the curious thing is, that these problems only occur on one
> specific server and on other servers everything is fine.

good, that you found the gremlin in the meantime. bad, that you had to
look for it for such a long time..
The exceptions from the DI container are not very helpful yet
(especially if it is not actually an issue of DI like in this case).
To avoid similar problems I'd suggest to check some vital settings (like
the existence of "config.tx_extbase.objects") already in the bootstrap.
See http://forge.typo3.org/issues/11055

Best,
Bastian