[TYPO3-mvc] Cannot update mm-relation (missing tablenames)

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at lists.typo3.org
Sat Nov 13 11:54:45 CET 2010

Hi Xavier.

On 2010-09-18, Xavier Perseguers <typo3 at perseguers.ch> wrote:
> Just found out that update of mm-relations fails because the
> "tablenames" column in the _mm table is not populated.
>
> In Backend.php there's a comment:
>
> // FIXME Reenable support for tablenames
> // $childTableName = $columnMap->getChildTableName();
> // if (isset($childTableName)) {
> // 	$row['tablenames'] = $childTableName;
> // }
>
> I really don't know why this is commented out because if I uncomment it,
> it then works as it should.

The problem is, that if a table doesn't contain a field 'tablenames'
Extbase throws an Exception:

#1247602160: Unknown column 'tablenames' in 'field list'

So we have to determine whether there is this optional column or not.
I have opened an Issue and scheduled it for 1.3.0beta2.

http://forge.typo3.org/issues/10770

Best
Jochen