[TYPO3-mvc] Extbase query objects - bitwise matching

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Nov 11 10:01:36 CET 2010

Hi,

> Questions:
> - Is it feasible to hack up patches for extbase to implement bitwise
> matching? If yes: What needs to be done? If no: How can I extend the
> extbase handling at this point and use it in my extension?
> - Should this go to FLOW3 first, and implement the extbase db layer
> afterwards? If yes: What needs to be done in FLOW3?
> - Is there an option use all of the given extbase query magic and just
> inject a special SQL part at some point? Something like
> $query->matching($query->logicalAnd($constraint,$query->statement('myfield
> & 4 = 4')))?

Big warning here: I kindly ask anyone adding new SQL constructions in
Extbase to _at least_ open a bug/feature request in DBAL bug tracker (on
http://bugs.typo3.org) to ask for official support of the operator in
t3lib_db and its XCLASS ux_t3lib_db (for other DBMS).

This is really important as I still want to be able to run Extbase
extension on a non-MySQL DBMS at some point in the future and I need to
keep track of what's going on in extbase which is issuing "direct"
queries to the DBMS.

Cheers
Xavier