[TYPO3-mvc] FYI: Unstable trunk

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Tue Nov 2 09:07:53 CET 2010

Bastian Waidelich wrote:

oops, sendalux praecox ;)

>> PS: And I find it still odd that stuff in Extbase "suggests" fluid
>> while the latter depends on Extbase.

True. We already started working on a standalone version. The new
standalone view still depends on a few Extbase classes but encapsulates
all the inner workings so it can be refactored.
Unfortunately there are a lot of other issues to solve..

>> I think this could be solved if the Extbase controllers do not default to any template
>> engine.

Right. That was changed in FLOW3 recently and I'm about to backport this
to Extbase (so you can more easily define your own templating engine)

>> OTOH, fluid could implement controllers based on the Extbase versions with these defaults
>> (and perhaps other goodies related to fluid).

I don't like the idea of Fluid providing controllers.. It is a
templating engine and should be independent of the MVC pattern IMO.

>> To me extension cross-dependency is a "smell".

Regarding the container extension, we could "copy" that code into
Extbase (it's not that much after all). But having it as custom
extension in the core allows people to use DI without the need to
install Extbase (even the core could make use of it!).