[TYPO3-mvc] FYI: Unstable trunk

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Nov 2 08:54:24 CET 2010

Am 02.11.2010 06:59, schrieb Sebastian Kurfürst:
> Hey Xavier,
>
>> Well, if "container" is a dependency of extbase, then I hope it will not
>> stay like that in the long run ;-) We cannot have a sysext have a
>> dependency on a non-sysext. Thus either container becomes a sysext too
> We have already discussed that, and will check that Container will
> become a sysext.

BTW, did I read it correctly that "cms" now (implicitly) depends on fluid? I'm talking about the
FLUIDTEMPLATE.

Masi

PS: And I find it still odd that stuff in Extbase "suggests" fluid while the latter depends on
Extbase. I think this could be solved if the Extbase controllers do not default to any template
engine. OTOH, fluid could implement controllers based on the Extbase versions with these defaults
(and perhaps other goodies related to fluid). To me extension cross-dependency is a "smell".