[TYPO3-mvc] Change storage backend / extending Typo3DbBackend

Thomas Heilmann | mindscreen heilmann at mindscreen.de
Sun Jan 24 14:44:04 CET 2010

Hello everbody,

I am making my first steps with extbase and have a question regarding
the persistence storage backend. Some table fields in my database are
AES encrypted. The decryption and encryption of the tables should be
moved out of regular extension code into a deeper level. Digging a
little bit into the persistence classes I found various parse functions
in the Typo3DbBackend (parseQuery etc.). As the SQL statement parts are
stored in handy arrays there, perhaps this would be a good place to add
the AES functions.

But now my question: Is there a nice way to change the storage backend
used by extbase? If I coded an extension the old way, I would write an
XClass of Typo3DbBackend; I could do that with extbase, too -- but as
there is no XClass-Code in extbase, I guess this is not considered best
practice.

Thank you for your hints!
Thomas