[TYPO3-mvc] ExtBase current state...

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Tue Jan 19 11:02:34 CET 2010

Hi Masi.

On 19.01.10 10:05, Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Jochen Rau schrieb:
>> My top issues are (right out of my mind):
>> - single-table inheritance
>
> I am a bit lost now. Folks wanted to extend and inherit all kind of stuff (objects, tables, ...).
> "single-table inheritance" refers to which of these wishes?

I addressed the "impedance mismatch" between the Object Oriented
Paradigm and the Entity Relationship Paradigm (Database). Especially the
part inheritance and polymorphism: "How to store the class hierarchy in
a relational database?".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object-relational_impedance_mismatch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object-relational_mapping

>> - generic domain models (Party, Person, Address ...)
>
> IMHO it would be better to have them in one or several separate extensions but not cramped into ExtBase.

Sure.

>> - kickstarter (with a domain-specific language)
>
> This one's already a separate extensions. It only has to be finished ;)

Yes, I know ;-)

It was a kind of personal list related to Extbase.

Regards
Jochen