[TYPO3-mvc] ExtBase current state...

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Tue Jan 19 00:42:44 CET 2010

Hi Stig.

On 15.01.10 09:55, Stig Nørgaard Færch wrote:
> I haven't spent time digging into coding extBase yet, but I was
> wondering what the limitations are at the current state?
>
> Would there be specific kind of extensions which is not recommended to
> program with the use of extBase?

The mission controller of the next mars explorer ;-) (moon is ok)

> Are there specific complex situations that extBase cannot handle, where
> you would have to compromise on usability (etc)?

It's hard to give a brief overview. I suggest to have a look at the
issue tracker on forge

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-mvc/issues

This mailing list is also a good meter to get a feeling for missing
features. My top issues are (right out of my mind):

- documentation
- single-table inheritance
- generic domain models (Party, Person, Address ...)
- better support for joins and relation tables
- performance
- kickstarter (with a domain-specific language)
- BE-modules refactoring
- ....

Regards
Jochen