[TYPO3-mvc] Clearing cached views on demand

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Sun Jan 17 20:52:25 CET 2010

Hi Masi,

>>> That is in the case you're not using the new caching framework.
>>
>> doesn't extbase require the new caching framework anyway? AFAIK it's
>> using it.
>
> No idea. The last time I had a look at it was after Rupi wrote his patch because it's when used as
> page cache is slower then the old one.

I know it's slower then the default cache - I also followed the core and
dev list about that topic.

> But.. the caching framework is, well, a framework. Mybe
> ExttBase uses it for some internals but TYPO3 has a configuration for choosing so. I don't think
> that ExtBase should fiddle with it. And why should it anyway?

extBase is using a own internal cache as far as I have seen (see
ext_localconf.php of extbase). So I assumed it relies on it, also
because I stumbled over some calls to the caching framework in extbase
lately. But I just had a look again (Tx_Extbase_Utility_Cache) and found
that it's working with both caching backends (framework and traditional)
- at least for the most basic stuff (haven't dug deep though).