[TYPO3-mvc] Accordion widget

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Fri Jan 15 11:55:07 CET 2010

Hi,

> But anyway - I'm not sure if a cross-framework solution can be made
> that easily since frameworks maybe use different approaches in coding
> guidelines and paradigm.

That's the only way to go for generic widgets and the only approach that
should ever be considered. There has to be some grade of abstraction
with of course some limitations, but you win a lot of flexibility by
that. Flexibility in terms of that you're not bound to the JSframework
some extension developer is in favor of whereas you're using a different
one all over your website. With no abstraction you either would have to
load both (or even more if using multiple JS enhanced extensions)
JSframeworks or have to port the templates and JS stuff by hand to your
frameword and/or XCLASS the extension. Both are in my eyes a clear no
go. So you end up with generalized viewHelpers/widgets that educate dev's ;)

> jQuery for example uses 'unobstrusive JavaScript', taking JavaScript
> code completely out of the HTML markup. I don't know how other
> frameworks handle this.

If others don't, the widget-supporting frameworks can take care of it
and either create a unobtrusive JS wrapper or render some ugly inline
JS. So it's not a problem at all. And everything else than unobtrusive
JS is in times of accessibility, SEO etc. anyway nothing that should be
supported any further.