[TYPO3-mvc] Date examples, can't find any.

Nathan Lenz typo3 at k9tfk.com
Thu Jan 14 21:17:45 CET 2010

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Nathan Lenz schrieb:
>> <f:javascript src="myjsfile/bla.js" location="head" />
>>
>> Would just add it into the <head> tag.
>>
>> <f:javascript src="blalla/foot.js" location="bottom" />
>>
>> Would put it into the very bottom of the page.  Not sure if this is
>> possible without  modifying the layout to include it before </body>
>
> Hm. Loading JS files within the template doesn't sound great. I thought that this could be done even
> more magically so that the template author hasn't to worry about JS file inclusion at all. I'm
> speaking of the FLUID widget package.
>
> If I really need to load JS files directly I need to know what I'm doing. I don't see why a template
> engine should help you with that and not a JS framework.
>
> Masi

I shouldn't have used the fluid style syntax there, you are right it
shouldn't be the concern of the template developer.

However it is done, I'm suggesting that it should understand the
concepts of loading javascript in a non-blocking manner.  Not just
piling up the <script> tags inside the <head> tag.

Maybe this goes against the "make it work, then make it fast" philosophy..?

(I tend to prefer the "fast by default" philosophy)

--Nathan