[TYPO3-mvc] Extending Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUser

David Schreiber flashmasterdash at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 12:49:31 CET 2010

Hello Lens,

I'm not sure if extending the FrontendUser model works with Extbase. I
didn't succed in doing so. It always resulted in wrong mapping of the
fe_users table to my 'Member' model.

I configured my mapping like you did, but didn't extend the
FrontendUser class. Instead I duplicated the FrontendUser model as my
Member model, and extended this with the properties needed (no
inheritance at all).

This sure isn't the best method, but it's the only one that I was able
to get running correctly.

David Schreiber