[TYPO3-mvc] Date examples, can't find any.

Christine Gerpheide cgerpheide at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 12:25:57 CET 2010

Hi Nathan,

What I have done in my new.html is have the form field like you have yours:

<f:form.textbox property="startdate" /><br />

And the setStartdate() method creates the DateTime object:

/**
 * Setter for startdate.  String provided must be able to be parsed with
strtotime.
 * For instance, 'October 29th, 2009', '10/29/2009', or '29.10.2009'.  If
not provided,
 * date defaults to today.
 *
 * @param string $startdate e.g. '10/29/2009', '29.10.2009', etc
 * @return void
 */
public function setStartdate( $startdate) {
 $this->startdate = new DateTime($startdate);
}

Then in edit.html, you have to use the DateTime view helper to parse the
date, which can then be edited:

<f:form.textbox property="startdate" value="<f:format.date
format='{settings.dateFormat}'>{campaign.startdate}</f:format.date>"/><br />

Would love to know if there's a better way, but hope that helps!
Christine