[TYPO3-mvc] Difference between FE and BE requests?

Robert Böttner lists at boettner.it
Tue Jan 12 07:46:43 CET 2010

Hi Sebastian,

a little late: many thanks for your reply.

> Just a quick note - is there a reason for using a different controller
> action? If they do the same, they should be the same as well ;-)
Well that´s simply because the controller handles more than the content controller in FE.

> Additionally, did you set the storagePid in the _BACKEND_ TypoScript
> correctly? I know that Extbase still lacks good error handling there...
I know that the configuration for BE modules is taken from the root TS template or the TS template on the root page of the website. The keys are stored under module.tx_myext

This is my "BE-TS":
module.tx_lalappfactory {
	settings < plugin.tx_lalappfactory.settings
	//persistence < plugin.tx_lalappfactory.persistence
	persistence.storagePid =
	view < plugin.tx_lalappfactory.view
	view {
		templateRootPath = {$module.tx_lalappfactory.view.templateRootPath}
		partialRootPath = {$module.tx_lalappfactory.view.partialRootPath}
		layoutRootPath = {$module.tx_lalappfactory.view.layoutRootPath}

I am using persistence.storagePid in FE which doesn´t work in BE and I didn´t find a way to configure it also for BE modules. Setting it to empty helped me to come around the trouble with my BE module.

Robert.