[TYPO3-mvc] FLUID: extended loop features

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Wed Jan 6 22:24:52 CET 2010

Hi Sebastian,

>> how about switching more complex stuff, like subtemplates or stuff. Is
>> >  there a alternative for the inline syntax?
> ? You can always use the inline syntax to call a ViewHelper. But maybe I
> don't understand the question:-)

I wanted to know if there is a alternative to the "onliner" syntax if
one might need to use more complex HTML syntax than a simple css class
name to be returned by the viewHelper, so instead of:

<f:cycle values="{0: 'odd', 1: 'even'}" />

something like

<f:cycle>
	<f:case value="0">
		<hr />
		<h2 class="whatever">Some more complex markup</h2>
	</f:case>
	<f:case value="1">
		<h2>blah</h2>
	</f:case>
</f:cycle>

But according to the docs I just read it isn't. But I noticed that one
can assign the output as a variable - that already helps a lot I think.
This var could also be handed over to partials as long as it's only
even/odd you need.

PS: I love fluid more and more I read the docs and start using/testing
it. Thanks for that great piece of work.