[TYPO3-mvc] TCA type "inline" - again

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Mon Jan 4 19:14:52 CET 2010

Hi,

> The Track table is not a relation table, it is a normal "domain model
> table" as it is shown in the figure above. The technical view is to have:
>
> CD---------Track-----MM-------------Recording
> title number uid_local title
> tracks CD uid_foreign artist
> producer

Is the MM table really needed? I mean, a track can by definition only
relate to one Recording on a CD - so it would be a 1-n-1 relation, where
the Track stores the UID of the recording in a according field
"recording". So actually like in Masis first draft. Only that Track is
not considered as MM-table but a real domain object.

> Unfortunately, there are two known bugs in Extbase related to IRRE. But
> Masi and I are already aware of this.

could you name them? I'm currently building a extension with a quite
similar structure.

Page--n(IRRE)-----ContentItem------1-------Article
Category          x-position               title
PageNumber        y-position               articleNumber
Content           Article                  price
                   parent_id                description
                   parent_table             image

I only needed to store the x and y position of the article on a page, so
I had to create a intermediate object "ContentItem" (week entity by
using foreign_field and foreign_table_field because IRRE doesn't like
MM-tables and a ContentItem can also be related to a different table)
being aware of this.

As I'm still working on the backend side of things - are there any known
problems with this or is there a better solution for usage with extbase?