[TYPO3-mvc] Concept of dynamic USER_INT switch maybe has to be refactored?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Sun Feb 28 17:54:20 CET 2010

Hi,

I think the concept for the dynamic USER_INT switching of
controller/action pairs has to be refactored, because it's not working
like expected in many cases.
Assume you have one plugin, allowing multiple actions/views that are
placed on different pages. Each instance has it's default view defined
via TS/Flexform, so that there is no need to pass the controller/action
arguments in the URL.
Now, although the controller/action combination is configured to be not
cacheable, it'll be cached due to the missing controller/action
parameters in the GETvars - and that's bad. Of course there is a
workaround by manually adding some lines of TS to the TSconfig if the
page (or use yet another condition base on page IDs), but I think this
should work correctly out of the box in any situation.

So instead of using TS conditions checking for GETvars to determine
whether a plugin has to be of type USER or USER_INT, I'd suggest to use
the new functionality in TYPO3 4.3 and convert those plugins really
dynamically to USER_INT objects by triggering
$this->cObj->convertToUserIntObject() and immediately stop further
processing.

As I haven't used this function yet, I don't know if it has any side
effects for caching. Does anybody already have experience with this?