[TYPO3-mvc] Blank Flexform fields overwrite TypoScript values???

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Fri Feb 26 12:49:32 CET 2010

Hi,

> I don't think, those cases are rare.
> Imagine a custom suffix you want to set to an empty string in your
> flexform. Or a float field to enter the tax amount. There is no way to
> distinguish between 0.00 and NULL.
> It would be a neat feature to enable optional flex form fields that you
> could remove resulting in a NULL (or not set) value.
>
> For extbase we went the safe way for now: If a flexform field exists, it
> overrides the corresponding TS setup no matter what.
> If you have a better idea shoot, but "($flexFormValue !== '') {
> $settings[$key] = $flexFormValue)" is not an option for the reason above..

ok, I got it now. So what's the more common usecase in flexforms then -
because I think this should be the default behavior unless we found a
overall solution (maybe by extending the flexform/TYPO3 settings and
tell the flexform how to deal with default/null values).

I think the most common one would be what I suggested. If this doesn't
work for some reasons, one might have to name the flexform fields
differently and check/prepare those values in the initializeAction
methods, just like in (good) old piBase times. It's not perfect, but
better then not having any possibility to get default TS values.