[TYPO3-mvc] create action/form is not returning an object but an array -> error

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Mon Feb 22 18:09:09 CET 2010

Hi again,

sorry for bothering your guys, but I'm stuck with the form I'm creating
and don't find the error. I did exactly the same as others do in their
extension or as it's done in the blog example. I get my form now
rendered nicely, but when I submit the form I get an invalid argument
exception:

"
Tx_Extbase_MVC_Exception_InvalidArgumentValue

The value must be of type "Tx_EbWebcatalog_Domain_Model_CatalogOrder",
but was of type "array".
"

This is a exception thrown from my create/new action. After first
submission I should get the form values injected as object, but I always
get an array. I already dug into the propertyMapper->map function to
find the error, but had no luck so far. Maybe you can tell me what's
wrong with my code:

controller:
/**
  * index action / Displays a new order form
  *
  * @param Tx_EbWebcatalog_Domain_Model_CatalogOrder $newCatalogOrder
The order object
  * @return string
  * @dontvalidate $newCatalogOrder
  */
public function indexAction(Tx_EbWebcatalog_Domain_Model_CatalogOrder
$newCatalogOrder = NULL) {
	$this->view->assign('newCatalogOrder', $newCatalogOrder);
	//... some more objects get assigned that are needed to render select
fields etc
}

my template:
<f:form method="post" controller="CatalogOrder" action="order"
name="newCatalogOrder" object="{newCatalogOrder}">

Any ideas? Thanks a lot.