[TYPO3-mvc] updateAction not saving field extending another Model

Søren Malling soren.malling at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 11:06:24 CET 2010

Is the lack of response due to lack of documentation or lack of time?

I think it's problematic that there is models for extending the
FrontendUser model, but the functionality of adding own
fields/properties is not present.

I've tried to look through the DataMapper classes but with my (still)
poor knowledge about MVC it's hard to debug the issues.

Last i found out that my fields where given the following names in the
DataMapper array (extbase/Classes/Persistence/Mapper/DataMapper.php
Line 411)

                    [txGroupmembersNumber] =>
Tx_Extbase_Persistence_Mapper_ColumnMap Object
                        (
                            [propertyName:protected] => txGroupmembersNumber
                            [columnName:protected] => tx_groupmembers_number

But that property name is never mentioned in my model, but is it a
extbase way of knowing the field name?

I would very much like to be active around the debugging of this
functionality (and write some serious notes about it for sharing when
it comes to documentation) but then i need help to debug the things I
have done too.

Sorry if my writing makes me sound like an ass, I just have the same
interest in getting a good product as you have - and now i got a work
where I have the time to work with extbase in a real life project so
the functionality can be tested.

Regards,

Søren

--