[TYPO3-mvc] How to get calculated data from a query into an object?

Nikolas Hagelstein lists at shr-now.de
Wed Feb 17 15:15:17 CET 2010

Hi,
> What kind of ExtBase support do you need?
Hehe, I got you wrong forget about that question ;).

So  your approach is to:
Add a function like findStoresAndDisctanceFrom($user) or
findStoresAndDisctanceFrom($lat,$long) to the store repository.

Within this function you would:
1. fire a DB backend level query to the db,
2. create Store objects from the result by  traversing through it and
calling the datamapper manually
3. Adding the store object plus the distance to the transient object of type
NearStore
4. Return the list of NearStore objects...

Right?

Sounds interesting could you provide some more details about 1. and 2.?

Could be interesting for others as well since I guess except for jochen and
you only a few people have been diggin through the persistence layer.

Cheers,
NIkolas