[TYPO3-mvc] Scaffolding for the Extbase Kickstarter

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Wed Feb 10 08:33:13 CET 2010

Hey Sebastian,

> When I got you right, the developer should switch the Action Controller
> by Hand when he finished his models and then needs to set up all the
> view templates on his own by hand.
> Please correct me, if I got this wrong.
> But if it is like this, read this as a -1 for your approach from my side.
> I'll try to provide some proposals for the UI and the way the
> Kickstarter should handle Actions IMHO.
There will be a new submodule which will adjust the controller and
generate the Templates, so they can be modified lateron easily. If that
suits better to your workflow, then of course you can call this directly
after creating the model.

My feeling is that the "generate-templates" step should be quite late in
the creation of the extension, as there will be usually lots of changes
on the Model which otherwise need to be adjusted manually in the GUI.

Greets,
Sebastian