[TYPO3-mvc] Scaffolding for the Extbase Kickstarter

Sebastian Gebhard sebastiangebhard at hoch2.de
Wed Feb 10 08:25:32 CET 2010

Hi Sebastian,

first, thanks for your work and for presenting in in a podcast.
I agree that your approach easily allows the ext creator to focus on the
model. What I don't like about it is that it is bad in terms of
educating developers (which should one of the main tasks of the
kickstarter).
We tell developers: "Ok, every model object has its directory inside the
view directory and every action has its fluid template file. Convention
over configuration etc".
Then the developer kicks of his first model and there are no template files.
When I got you right, the developer should switch the Action Controller
by Hand when he finished his models and then needs to set up all the
view templates on his own by hand.
Please correct me, if I got this wrong.
But if it is like this, read this as a -1 for your approach from my side.
I'll try to provide some proposals for the UI and the way the
Kickstarter should handle Actions IMHO.

Kind regards,
Sebastian Gebhard