[TYPO3-mvc] Scaffolding for the Extbase Kickstarter

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Tue Feb 9 21:23:25 CET 2010

Hey Michael,

thanks again for your feedback!

>>> * Major Feature #5667: Interface to create plugins
>>> * Major Feature #5670: Kickstart Plugins
>> partly works, at least one plugin is created now out of the box.
>
> but there is no posibility to change the setting, or am i false with this?
That's correct. My changes are not UI related at all right now.
However, I am not sure if we actually need to provide a user interface
for this: If a single plugin is created correctly, it should be very
easy for a developer to create another plugin with a little bit copy and
paste. I feel that a GUI for this would maybe add quite some overhead
(but I'd be curios about any GUI mockup proving me wrong ;) )

>>> * Major Feature #5671: Generate default templates for some actions
>> Well that's what scaffolding is about :) We now have default templates
>> for Create, Delete, Update and List.
> it would be nicer if i can choose this for my self
Sure. We will of course do that!

>>> Localization maybe ...
>> At least in the forms, that is done. There is no UI yet, however.
> what i mean at this point was the the locallang stuff.
Well, the locallang files are created, it's just that the GUI does not
enable you yet to translate things.

> yes i wish to participate in the kickstarter development. if you look at
> forge you can see that i was a pending member :-)
Great :-) Didn't see that yet. We are currently sorting out still some
administrational things (mainly where we will communicate, things like
that), and then things will get rolling :)

> i wrote this to ingmar a couple of days ago, but no response.
Awesome! You should have a response by now.

Greets,
Sebastian
PS: Are you at t3board? If yes, that'd be a great opportunity to plan
the future of the kickstarter.