[TYPO3-mvc] Kicking off Hype Store on the Forge

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 19:00:13 CET 2010

Hi Franz, thanks for your feedback!

Product variants haven't been implemented as our agency needed a simple
form of maintaining products for our customer, so we decided to only
implement a simple system for the products. If someone has the need to
sell product variants, he's forced to create a new, seperate product.

At least that's what it is for now - the use of articles,
is imho, of course, a very nice and useful feature.

As for the pricing, I haven't thought of a real use, our project
has no need for special pricing cases, based on customer groups etc.,
even scaled prices were no real requirement, but I decided to implement
it in this basic way, as it's not that lot of work.

Additionally I thought of implementing a feature to define discounts,
based on specific customer groups or single customers, but as this is
my first shop, I haven't had a head yet, for planning all this stuff.

I think, if you have just basic products, with a simple price per unit,
and you decide to use a complex web-shop, like commerce etc., you're in
a real need of using a user-friendly backend module, which handles the
creation of default articles and all dependencies, if you don't want to
define 10 different things, just for a simple product with a price.

Your thoughts about product and pricing structures inspired me and I
think of maybe implementing a better pricing system. For articles
I'm not sure, but the topic itself, the implementation, could be quite
interesting, but also time-consuming.

So, thanks a lot for your time spent on having a look in the code,
and your ideas and thoughts about it, I really appreciate it!

Thank you,
Thomas