[TYPO3-mvc] Kicking off Hype Store on the Forge

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Sat Feb 6 13:47:51 CET 2010

Hi Thomas,

> Thanks for your attention! It would be really great if some of you
> are interested in testing this and giving some feedback. =o)

Thanks for sharing. I only had a look at a few bits of code yet, but I
noticed that you might run into trouble with your current pricing
situation. I think you need to abstract the prices better in order to
have the possibility to get custom prices based on fe_groups/fe_users etc.

You might also think about product variants, where each variant has it's
own article number/identifier but still has to be listed as one single
product in the overview. In my ongoing project I did it like this:

product
   -> articles
      -> prices
         -> priceValues

Product:
- a product can have multiple articles/variants
- a product doesn't know about any stock, ean number, identifier or
whatever - it's merely a container for articles providing common data
shared by all articles

Article:
- a article is the unit that's getting sold
- it knows about stock, ean, identifier, package units, attributes,...
- a article can have multiple price objects assigned, but only one is
displayed (depending on it's criteria)

Price:
- a price object is merely a container for price values
- it knows about the criterias it applys for (usergroup, country,...)
- it also has information about the price state (gross/net) etc.
- it can have multiple priceValues also used for scaled pricing

PriceValue:
- it basically only stores the quantity it applies for and the
price/value itself

And to make it even more complex, products can themselfs also act as
product groups/sets (different product types) where they don't relate to
articles, but other products. Example:

Audi A4 (Product Group)
   - Audi A4 Convertible (Product)
     - with diesel engine (Article)
     - with gasoline engine (Article)
   - Audi A4 Estate (Product)
     - with diesel engine (Article)
     - with gasoline engine (Article)

Ok, car's might not be the best example as they are much more complex to
configure then in the example, but you might get the idea.

Hope that helps a bit.