[TYPO3-mvc] creating nodes in FLUID - how to?

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Feb 4 14:51:20 CET 2010

Franz Koch schrieb:
> Hey Masi,
>
>>> ok - that way you can't add additional tabs - hmm.
>>
>> I wanted to move the stuff outside of the tab widget to make it work
>> in any tag/widget. It's
>> probably only a matter of syntax to have dynamic tabs in the tab
>> widgets, but the same could would
>> be needed for the accordion and so on.
>
> right - but all those widgets could be base on some abstract iteration
> widget that's also providing a standardized iterator-object for use in
> the child nodes (like the one suggested for the f:for viewHelper).

Yes. If there is no other way sub-classing or helper classes will have to do the job. But the node
generating "template" view helper would be fancier :)

> To make it even more complicated - how about fixed layout presets for
> widgets that apply globally? You might want to have all widgets of the
> same type look the same all over your website without having to copy the
> same layout code in every single extension template.

You mean you want to change the default values of attributes?

> Maybe simply have some global FLUID TS settings and
> a central partial/template storage for widgets?

Yes, it should be possible to initialize FLUID with external presets. Could be TS in a TYPO3
context, but could in theory be from any source.

> And by speaking of pagination widgets. It's not uncommon to have a
> pagination on top and bottom of a list - so you might want to reuse the
> final HTML code of the first rendered pagination also at the bottom and
> not do all the processing again. So some internal caching might be
> needed for some widgets as well - hurray ;)

A specialized workaround for the paginator could be a "reference paginator". The first one has an id
and the second one simply refers to it. Of course the first one will have to store its content
somewhere so the second can access it.

Masi