[TYPO3-mvc] creating nodes in FLUID - how to?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Thu Feb 4 14:41:06 CET 2010

Hey Masi,

>> ok - that way you can't add additional tabs - hmm.
>
> I wanted to move the stuff outside of the tab widget to make it work in any tag/widget. It's
> probably only a matter of syntax to have dynamic tabs in the tab widgets, but the same could would
> be needed for the accordion and so on.

right - but all those widgets could be base on some abstract iteration
widget that's also providing a standardized iterator-object for use in
the child nodes (like the one suggested for the f:for viewHelper).

>> Widgets might become more complicated to do then I thought.
>
> I have realized that after you're first couple of comments ;)

To make it even more complicated - how about fixed layout presets for
widgets that apply globally? You might want to have all widgets of the
same type look the same all over your website without having to copy the
same layout code in every single extension template. After all - that's
one main task of a widget. I had this problem with my pagination widget.
For now I copied the layout to the according templates (or used a
partial where applicable)  - but I haven't found a nice solution for
layout presets yet. Maybe simply have some global FLUID TS settings and
a central partial/template storage for widgets?

And by speaking of pagination widgets. It's not uncommon to have a
pagination on top and bottom of a list - so you might want to reuse the
final HTML code of the first rendered pagination also at the bottom and
not do all the processing again. So some internal caching might be
needed for some widgets as well - hurray ;)