[TYPO3-mvc] multiple extensions working together

Dennis Ahrens dennis.ahrens at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 26 13:08:55 CEST 2010

Hi Henjo,

Henjo Hoeksma wrote:
> Is it possible for extensions to complement oneanother? And be able to
> use objects defined in extension 1 be used in the view of extension 2 ?

You can spread your models over several extensions - but there are some
restrictions:

Repositories and Model can easily be used above the extension border.
Just call the constructor and use them. Relations can be set in TCA -
this works fine for me.

If you want to use controllers from another extension you have the
problem, that you can't configure a "foreign" controller in your
module/plugin configuration (ext_tables.php/ext_localconf.php) - we
avoid this problem by providing a controller that extends the one from
the other extension without adding any functions.

Sharing Views/Partials/Layouts is also possible - you have set the
path's inside a controller that should use files located in another
extension.

regards
Dennis