[TYPO3-mvc] Condition in if-ViewHelper quesion

Thomas Hempel thomas at typo3-unleashed.net
Tue Aug 24 15:24:26 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm currently trying to understand how the the if-ViewHelper works.
Unfortunately I can't find the place where the condition argument is
parsed and checked. Can somebody please point me to a direction?

The background for this question is that I pass a negative value to a
variable and check that in an condition. The weird thing is, that the
result is always true. I somehow think that the value is not treated as
integer but as a simple string.

Here is what I mean:

In the controller:

$this->view->assign('value', -1);