[TYPO3-mvc] Typo3 4.5 - will all pibase extensions stop working?

Stephen Bungert stephenbungert at yahoo.de
Mon Aug 23 10:41:41 CEST 2010

Ah, so 4.5 is idfferent from 5. Ok! How many more versions will there be
then? 4.6? 4.7? Or will all 4.x versions stop once TYPO3 5 is out?

Someone made the extbase extensions so that we could start developing
extensions that would work in typo3 5 now. Couldn't someone create an
extension to allow old pibase extensions to function? Is this at all
possible/desirable? I have quite a lot of custom extensions written, and
lots of modifications to tt_news, it would take quite a while for me to
update them all to work with fluid/extbase. Is tt_news going to be
re-written for typo3 5? I see that there is already an extension for a
extbase/fluid news extension (that should work with tt_news records), does
this mean tt_news will not be converted?

news:mailman.1.1282552312.17659.typo3-project-typo3v4mvc at lists.typo3.org...