[TYPO3-mvc] Changing adding/removing an object to an ObjectStorage removes all hidden records

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Fri Aug 13 11:03:32 CEST 2010

Hey List,
i'm currently struggling with the subject-mentioned problem...
I have an Property with related Objects through an ObjectStorage.
If I add an object to it, and the property/the object gets persisted all
relations to objects with hidden fields set are deleted.

I assume this is because on "retrieving object" they are not loaded, on
persistence they therefore are not in then object storage - for extbase
"anymore" --> the relation gets deleted.

That's really sad :(

I think we need to differentiate here between "actively removed" via the
removed method and "not present currently" because of hidden fields.

Any thoughts about it?

regards

Steffen