[TYPO3-mvc] TYPO3 (TSFE) uses config.locale_all, fluid does not

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Fri Aug 6 11:39:04 CEST 2010

Hey,

> As this seems to be a widely encountered issue, I wrote a ViewHelper in
> the incubator that uses strftime() instead of date(). This way it allows
> for localized strings. The syntax is different though, so have a look at
> the strftime() doc on php.net.
>
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/package-viewhelperincubator/repository/show/DateTimeViewHelper

I like your viewHelper, but it's unfortunately not backwards compatible.
What I did in my custom dateViewHelper was to check if the format string
contains a '%' - if so, use strftime, if not keep using the DateTime
object. Maybe you could add something like that to yours, so that we can
safely replace the default one with it.