[TYPO3-mvc] Cache problem with update form

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Thu Aug 5 17:50:52 CEST 2010

Xavier Perseguers wrote:

Hi Xavier,

> Tx_Extbase_Utility_Extension::configurePlugin(
> $_EXTKEY,
> 'Pi1',
> array(
> 'Company' => 'dispatch, index, show',
> 'Address' => 'edit, update',
> ),
> array(
> 'Company' => 'show',
> 'Address' => 'update',
> )
> );

You probably don't need to add ('Company' => 'show') to the unacheable
actions.

Instead try to add
TCEMAIN.clearCacheCmd = 1,2,3
To the Page/SysFolder that contains the company records (1,2,3 are
obviously the pages that display company records)

The clearCacheCmd is executed by Extbase when inserting/modifying
records on that page [1].

> Other question (but less important): what is the official way of adding
> a "Cancel" button on an edit form?

I don't know the "official" way, but I'd try to use a styled link
instead (or a button that redirects via JavaScript). Or if this wasn't
an option, just add another form like:

<f:form action="update">
</f:form>
<f:form action="show">