[TYPO3-mvc] Feature: automatic target page determination

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Thu Aug 5 10:08:25 CEST 2010

David Bruchmann wrote:

Hi David,

> As Programer I can tell you that I hardly needed a very long time just
> to chose extbase as the 'right' MVC-framework. And some infos still are
> hardly to get even I bought the book, found a page with the API and some
> more sources.

I can totally empathize with you and I think insufficient documentation
and error handling are the main issues of Extbase and Fluid.
The reason is probably, that most of us love to code and hate to
document but that's no excuse of course ;)
What I can promise at least: there will be tools that allow you to
analyze your Extbase configuration and Fluid templates.. stay tuned!

> Concerning the magic again: For me as programmer it's important to know
> how to get all the magical assigned values.

In my first version I resolved the target page if
tx_extension.view.targetPid was not set.
Sebastian had the good idea to default this to the string "auto". So you
can already comprehend the behavior in TYPO3s Object Browser.

But obviously it has to be documented as well!

Thanks for your feedback
Bastian