[TYPO3-mvc] textareaRTE viewhelper

Daniel Dimitrov danielsd_bg at yahoo.fr
Wed Aug 4 10:03:14 CEST 2010

Hey @ll,
I'm currently trying to create a textarea with the RTE editor.
As a base for my Viewhelper I use the standard textarea viewhelper and the
test_rtefe extension.
After a lot of tricks and hacks :D I managed to get the RTE area showing.

The first problem I got was when trying to save the form.
I got the Tx_Extbase_MVC_Exception_InvalidArgumentValue exception, because
the RTE js was creating
a hidden field _TRANSFORM_description with value="RTE"

I've defined this in my model:
	/**
	 *
	 * @var string
	 */
	protected $_TRANSFORM_description;

	public function set_TRANSFORM_description($test) {
		$this->_TRANSFORM_description = $test;
	}

and now I got the next exception
Tx_Extbase_MVC_Exception_InvalidOrNoRequestHash.
I've put @dontverifyrequesthash on my new and create actions and now the
form is being sent and no error message is shown.
However my description field (the one with the RTE) is not saved.

When I use the standard f:form.textarea viewHelper then the text in the
textarea is saved. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Kind regards,
Daniel