[TYPO3-mvc] RealURL with extBase

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Tue Aug 3 19:10:00 CEST 2010

Nathan Lenz wrote:

Hi Nathan,
late reply, thanks for scrolling down/up ;)

> I wonder if it will be possible to make pretty url's with extBase in v4?

Currently extbase includes controller and action in all action-links it
creates and I think this is a good default as it avoids a lot of
problems at first.
But, as people discussed in this (old) thread, we need a good solution
in order to be able to skip those parameters if they match the default
values of the target plugin.
Until we found a solution how to determine the default controller/action
of the target plugin, you can add this snippet to the *postVarSets*
section of your RealUrl configuration:

'controller' => array(
     array(
         'GETvar' => 'tx_plugin_signature1[controller]',
         'noMatch' => 'bypass',
     ),
     array(
         'GETvar' => 'tx_plugin_signature1[action]',
         'noMatch' => 'bypass',
     ),
     array(
         'GETvar' => 'tx_plugin_signature2[controller]',
         'noMatch' => 'bypass',
     ),
     array(
         'GETvar' => 'tx_plugin_signature2[action]',
         'noMatch' => 'bypass',
     ),
),

This is a bit tedious as you need to do it for every plugin and I'm not
sure, if that's the best way to achieve this in RealUrl. But it worked
for me. See http://forge.typo3.org/issues/8344 for more infos on this issue.

Best,
Bastian