[TYPO3-mvc] Fluid: f:form method GET loosing target action/controller

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Mon Aug 2 20:55:48 CEST 2010

roberto blanko wrote:

Hello Mr X,

> <f:form id="dateForm" controller="Data" action="show"method="get">
>      <f:form.textbox name="date" maxlength="10" size="7" value="{date}" />
> </f:form>
> [...]
> The form works just perfectly in POST mode. Using GET however, fluid looses
> the target controller/action.

This is a limitation of HTML: fields of a form will override the
specified query parameters of the action attribute (I suppose the action
attribute of the above form correctly contains controller & action).

I think we should automatically add hidden fields for those action
related parameters if method == GET..
Could you please open a feature request[1]?

Thanks,
Bastian

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/package-fluid/issues/new (Category:
ViewHelpers, Branch: v4 + v5)