[TYPO3-mvc] !!! FYI: Committed big refactoring of Fluid; v4 and v5 are now in sync again

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Mon Aug 2 17:03:46 CEST 2010

Martin Kutschker wrote:

Hi Masi,

>> And the Symfony implementation would replace this wrapper with a concrete implementation? Do we win
>> anything by this?
>
> By what? By providing wrappers or by creating Symfony glue code? The latter should help to spread
> FLUID. The next step will be to create a Symfony-ORM based on the CR :)

Sorry, that wasn't really clear ;)
What I meant is:
I doubt, that there will be one implementation that can be re-used. We
will always need some "porter" script, that creates the custom
implementation from the Fluid package (e.g. copyright notices have to be
replaced, ...).
That Symfony porter would then replace.
\F3\FLOW3\Reflection\ObjectAccess::getPropertyPath()
calls by s.th. like
sfFluidReflectionObjectAccess::getPropertyPath()
(or whatever their CGL looks like)

So we wouldn't need wrappers just to ease this process as we need to
rewrite those code parts anyways.

Apart from that I fully agree to abstract "low level" calls like
$this->uninitializedViewHelper->FLOW3_AOP_Proxy_getProxyTargetClassName()

Best,
Bastian