[TYPO3-mvc] Wondering about performance

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Wed Apr 28 10:13:24 CEST 2010

Hey,

> In my controller I did this:
> $products = $this->listRepository->findAllWithLimit($pages,10);
> var_dump($products);
>
> As you see I wrote my own query to fetch the results with limit.
> In my var_dump output I was seeing the description variable and it was
> initialized - it had the values from the database.
> I thought that lazy loading will set the description variable to 0 and
> first when I try to use it in my fluid template it will be loaded.
> Did I understand the principal behind lazy loading wrong?

AFAIK @lazy is only applying to properties relating to other objects. It
doesn't make sense to use a lazyLoading object(!) (which is used in
those cases) for any other property types. So you will always get all
properties filled, which is quite useful though. Imagine somebody is
using your extension and likes to display some other properties in the
listView, but your stripped down models don't provide those?