[TYPO3-mvc] access to a new attribute

Stephan Petzl spetzl at gmx.at
Tue Apr 27 16:05:48 CEST 2010

Cornelius Illi schrieb:
> Well, i really like TYPO3 but for me it is not a religion. I am always
> searching for the most suitable solution.
> If you take a look at Rails:
>
> 1. ruby script/generate migration MigrationName attribute:string
> 2. rake db:migrate
> (3. set attr_accessible, attr_protected, attr_readonly if you want to
> treat some attributes differently)
>
> Thats all!

An improved version of the extbase_kickstarter is on its way.
In my recent post i documented all the steps of adding a field, i wanted
to give a guideline what has to be done AT THE MOMENT to add a field to
an existing extension.
That's definitely not the way it will be in the future.

Our plan is that you edit your extension in the kickstarter, adding a
field will be even simpler than in rails:

load your extension model in kickstarter, click "add field", type in
name, select type, click "save"
Thats all!

--
Best Regards