[TYPO3-mvc] multiple instances of one plugin on the same page

Felix Oertel mehl at foertel.com
Fri Apr 23 17:21:26 CEST 2010

Hey,

Am 23.04.10 16:08, schrieb Stephan Petzl:
> i have a page with two columns and one instance of my plugin in each of
> them:
[...]
> when i edit the address and click "save" the post is received of each
> plugin instance.
[...]
> is there any extbase-trick to circumvent this?

this is a general problem we face in v4 too. the request-variables are
bound to a plugin, not to an instance, though given to any instance of
that plugin.

i thought about that some time ago and propably it would be a solution
to allow an extbase-based action to prefix the variables with some
identifier. so if your action wants to send a value to User/LoginAction,
it uses:

tx_yourext_pi1[UserLogin][name] = value

and only the User/LoginAction tries to deal with this value, all other
actions would no be affected. for long controllerAction-names propably
something like a short md5 hash or similar would make sense.

of course you will get into trouble if you use the same controllerAction
twice *g* but that's a pretty wired case ...

regards, foertel