[TYPO3-mvc] [OT] Re: Documentation

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Mon Apr 19 21:41:18 CEST 2010

Francois Suter wrote:

> [...] That it should be in German, I can understand (but am
> still disappointed about), it's your mother tongue and it's certainly
> easier to write in that language, although from all I could read, both
> Sebastian and you are very proficient with English.  [...]

I guess all of those guys writing the book speak/write English as good
as German. Sometimes I noted I find it even easier to write English
documentation than German one as most of the IT stuff I do is in
English. So my IT brain is English whilst my real-life brain is German
(Austrian) ;)

Recently when I noticed that I write English almost as good as German I
came up with the idea to learn another language. Arr. Some of you might
find Austrians speaking a "bad" English. But that just sounds that way.
We just like to bring our dialect even into spoken English ;) In my
opinion Germans try to imitate the sound of native English speakers. At
least thats what I noticed on the last T3 events I've been to.

And by the way: I started to learn a new language: Portuguese. And also
found out there is no Portuguese TYPO3 Newsgroup (Shame!!! Could someone
create a Portuguese Newsgroup??). Portuguese is the 7th most spoken
language of the world:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers

The reason for this is that Portugues is not only spoken in the small
country of Portugal (comparable in size to Austria ;) but also in whole
Brasil which is the largest country of South America.