[TYPO3-mvc] Need a little more help to show some mm-relation info

Mario Beiser mariobeiser at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 16 00:01:24 CEST 2010

Hi there,

have to stress the list again with some mm-relation problems.
I looked through the blogexample and some other extensions, but at the
moment I can't manage it
to show some mm-relational data in my fe-extension.

Following table structure:

1. Model: person
2. Model: department
MM-Relational-Table: department_person_mm

Goal: Got a PersonController and print all persons in a listview.
Now I want to print the name of all departments the person belongs to
below the name of the person.
--> index.html of PersonController

Model person:

	/**
	 * @var Tx_Test_Domain_Model_Department
	 * @lazy
	 */
	protected $department

	/**
	 * Sets the department this person belongs to
	 *
	 * @param Tx_Test_Domain_Model_Department  $department The department
	 * @return void
	 */
	public function setDepartment(Tx_Test_Domain_Model_Department
$department) {
		$this->department = $department;
	}

	/**
	 * Returns the department this person belongs to
	 *
	 * @return Tx_Test_Domain_Model_Department
	 */
	public function getDepartment() {
		if ($this->department instanceof
Tx_Extbase_Persistence_LazyLoadingProxy) {
			$this-> department->_loadRealInstance();
		}
		return $this-> department;
	}

TCA of Tx_Test_Domain_Model_Person:

'department' => Array (
			'exclude' => 1,
			'label'   => 'Department', // Just example code
			'config' => Array (
				'type' => 'select',
				'foreign_table' => 'tx_blogexample_domain_model_department',
				'maxitems' => 1,
			)
		),

Now I added {person.department.name} in my template, but nothing is
shown.
Do I have to configure anything else? ATM I just stuck a little bit.

Perhaps someone can help me...
Mario