[TYPO3-mvc] calling a controller without an action

Felix Oertel mehl at foertel.com
Thu Apr 15 19:36:04 CEST 2010

hey,

if you call an non-default controller without specifying an action,
extbase will call the default action of the default controller on the
chosen controller. (thanks to Tobias Liebig for reporting).

ok, kind of hard to understand :-D

controller1 => index, show, delete
controller2 => show, delete, index

if you call controller2 without an action, extbase will try to run
controller2->index().

I don't really know if we should make extbase call
[chosenController]->[firstAction] or [firstController]->[firstAction].

What do you think?

regards, foertel

PS: filed a bug here: http://forge.typo3.org/issues/show/7282

PPS: if we're gonna fix this, we propably could do
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/show/6731 as well, should be in the same
place.